3rd Annual Oral Symposium
Diagnosis and Treatment of Oral Lesions: Practical Aspects
September 21, 2013
The Oral Symposium is is intended for dentists, oral surgeons periodontists, endodontists, and other specialists who wish to improve their interpretation and utilization of clinical and radiographic information to make appropriate diagnoses and treatment decisions. Residents working towards board certification in their specialties will also find course content educational.Register Online
· Panel of board-certified oral pathologists and radiologists
· Detailed overview of common and sporadically encountered nodular lesions of the oral
cavity, some of which have a proclivity for occurring in specific age groups
· Review of selected rare oral malignancies and their more common benign mimics
· Parameters for assessment of radiopacities and features that warrant biopsies
· Interpretation of panoramic radiographic findings
· Informal Q & A session at the conclusion of the symposium
Upon completion of this course, attendees should be familiar with:
· Common and sporadically encountered pathologic lesions exhibiting oral pigmentation
· Radiographic imaging techniques & interpretation
· A variety of nodular lesions presenting in the oral cavity and their diagnosis and management
· Leukoplakia as a clinico-pathologic entity and the rationale of treatment vs. watch-and-see for leukoplakias without dysplasia
· Understanding radiopaque jaw lesions and the rationale for when to biopsy such lesions
The Center for Oral Pathology at StrataDx was established in 2010. Our staff of five board-certified oral pathologists regularly participates in academic and research activities and keeps current with the latest trends in both histopathologic interpretation and treatment.
This symposium is presented in conjunction with DENTSPLY. DENTSPLY is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, not does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
This symposium is eligible for 6 Continuing Education Credits.
To review the 2013 Symposium’s brochure please click here.