Our oral pathology department is one of the largest centers for oral pathology in the world. Under the leadership of co-directors, Sook-Bin Woo, DMD, MMSc, and Sadru Kabani, DMD, MS, our team of five doctors of dental medicine and oral pathology serve as an invaluable resource at the local, regional, and national level, assisting clinicians to reach meaningful diagnoses for their patients. Our pathologists have close affiliations with leading medical centers, where they continue to teach and conduct research, ensuring that only the latest techniques and diagnostic approaches are used. They deliver an academic level of interpretation with the facility and rapid turnaround time that only a private laboratory can deliver. The option for all reports to include a representative photomicrograph depicting the main diagnostic finding is available, depending on client preferences.
Services and techniques include:
- • Most biopsies diagnosed within 24 hours of receipt
- • Rapid turnaround time with 24-hour results for STAT cases
- • Case consultation with dual-trained specialists able to correlate clinical
and pathological findings
- • Immunofluorescent evaluation of oral mucosal bullous lesions
- • Extensive panel of immunohistochemistry markers
- • In situ hybridization for the characterization of HPV in oral biopsies
- • Teaching affiliation with Harvard Dental School
Our pathologists welcome the opportunity to discuss case findings and are available 24 hours a day to answer your questions. Call +1.800 325.PATH (7284), or use the “Ask a Pathologist” feature on the right side of the page.